Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Ultimate Cigar Mouthpiece



About a year ago, Steve Morrisette showed me a new product he was offering. When I saw it, I thought it was a very stubby large diameter hand-cut stem for a pipe he was making. The intricacy of the pattern reminded me of something you might see from a tremendously skillful bowl turner; various types of exotic hardwood laminated together and turned seamlessly into a single beautiful object. This object, as it turns out, was the Ultimate Cigar Mouthpiece.


Since that time, I have seen a broad array of these UCM's as Steve calls them. He has even begun offering them in a new material called Chalazite, a beautiful, complex quilted sort of material that comes as close to mimicking natural stone as anything I've ever seen. It is simply beautiful. Not only are these beautiful, but they also preserve the integrity of the cigar much further into the stick. I consistently get another inch or two (depending on the size) out of my cigars by using the UCM. Steve tells me that he is taking orders, but has already managed to build quite a cache of them. I promise, though, it will be worth the wait! For more info, E-mail Steve (morrisettefoto@cox.net) or contact him through his website which will likely be going up later today. 

UCM in Amber Chalazite

4 comments:

  1. I first saw these at the Richmond show and was so impressed that Steve has transitioned his pipe artistry into his UCM's. His pride in each piece and unparalleled skills are evident with each creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purchased two of them at the Chicago show! They are AWESOME, being in the cigar business in some capacity, I smoke a lot of cigars. There is something very cool about smoking a cigar with the UCM...I highly recommend you purchase one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how can you purchase one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. how do you contact him? tried the e-mail address, came back as unknown.

    ReplyDelete